If you require disability-specific facilities, please notify the conference secretariat by indicating this during the registration process.
A smart casual dress code applies for all conference sessions and social functions.
It is strongly recommended that delegates take out adequate medical, travel and personal insurance before travelling.
In the event of industrial disruption or other unforeseen circumstances, the conference organisers accept no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by delegates.
The wearing of identification badges is mandatory and will be required for admission to all sessions and conference social functions.
No smoking policy
Delegates should be aware that smoking is not allowed in public buildings and many hotels and restaurants throughout Australia, including the conference venue.
The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (https://mcec.com.au/visit) is conveniently located on the banks of the iconic Yarra River in South Wharf. Only 20 minutes from Melbourne Airport, and close to trains, trams and buses.
Public transport tickets
You’ll need either a myki (card ticket) or paper ticket to travel on public transport in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
You need a myki if you’re travelling on:
- Melbourne’s trains, trams and buses
- V/Line trains between metropolitan Melbourne and Eaglehawk/Epsom, Seymour, Traralgon, Waurn Ponds and Wendouree
- Buses within Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Seymour and the Latrobe Valley.
If you’re only travelling in the city’s Free Tram Zone, you don’t need a myki.
Buy a myki and top up at:
- Hundreds of shops including all 7-Elevens
- myki machines at selected stations and stops (you can only buy Full Fare myki smartcards at myki machines)
- Your Android phone, via Google Pay
- premium station ticket offices
- PTV Hubs
- by calling 1800 800 007. Allow seven days for delivery of a myki and around 90 minutes for online top ups.
- Register or log-in to manage your myki and set auto top up
More information: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/myki/buy-a-myki-and-top-up/where-to-buy-and-top-up/
Travelling by tram
Trams run every 6-12 minutes and stop outside the Melbourne Exhibition Centre:
- Tram lines 12, 96 and 109 travel along Clarendon Street from South Melbourne, Port Melbourne and St. Kilda and service the CBD via Collins and Bourke Streets
- Tram line 70 runs along Flinders Street stopping on the north side of the Melbourne Convention Centre
For all tram timetables view For all train timetables view ptv.vic.gov.au
Travelling by train
Southern Cross Station (Spencer Street) is just a short stroll from the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. Trains run every 15-20 minutes.
For all train timetables view ptv.vic.gov.au
Travelling by car
Car parking at the Exhibition Centre
The venue is easily accessed by the City’s roadways and freeways. City Link connects the centre with the airport in just 20 minutes. Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre has a car park located within the Exhibition Centre, accessed via Normanby Street.
For up-to-date additional parking options information visit here.
Additionally, there are secure car parks located in and around South Wharf including, South Wharf Retail Car Park, Siddeley Street Carpark, Freeway Carpark and Montague Street Carpark.
Travelling by Taxi
Taxi ranks are located at both the Melbourne Exhibition Centre and the Melbourne Convention Centre as well as all major hotels, Crown Entertainment Complex and Spencer and Flinders Street Stations.
Travelling by Uber or rideshare
Uber and other ride share options are available in Melbourne, Victoria and is another transport option in Brisbane. You can download the app and use it to request a driver to your location.